SINKS MUMMY

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Interesting thoughts


This week Matt was attaching a story he'd written and printed out to some paper that he'd decorated. As he was cutting the double-sided sticky tape he asked me, "How much double-sided sticky tape would it take to cover an elephant?" I have to say that this question has never occupied my mind. My response was, "Why would you want to cover an elephant in double-sided sticky tape?" Back to Matt who said, "Because if it fell over it would stick to the ground." I could not help the further question, "Why would you want to stick an elephant to the ground?" Matt suggested, "So that you could go into a Ripley's Believe it or Not book."


At dinner tonight Mike was telling us all about the scary book that Matt was reading today. Anika disappeared for a while and returned with the French-English dictionary. She then told us that there is no French word equivalent to the word 'spooky' but that the phrase used is, "that which gives you the skin of a chicken." It makes sense. At least it makes more sense than wondering how many metres of sticky tape it would take to cover an elephant.
.
And in case you're wondering, the larger font is for a certain person in our family who's about to have a huge birthday next week!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

    I'm glad other families have weird conversations too!

    That birthday would be his 21st, right?

     
  • At May 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM , Blogger TobyBo said...

    the elephant plan is hysterical.

    and I was glad to read about the French. I always remember my idioms from French class with pleasure.

    but, how much tape would it take to cover a chicken who was spooked?

     
  • At May 15, 2009 at 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Honestly, this conversation could have been posted on Mom's blog and I would have believed it was my family... except it wouldn't have been a French/English dictionary for me. :-)

    I do feel as if it would take a massive quantity of double-sided sticky tape to stick an elephant to the ground... It's not all that sticky.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home