SINKS MUMMY

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Strange encounters of the munchkin kind

We were enjoying a lovely outing to the park this afternoon. I was doing my power walking for exercise and I was stopped by a little fellow of about 6-7 who was riding his bike.



Boy: *stops his bike* Excuse me! *gets my attention* There are crocodiles in the water!

Me: *stifled grin* No, there are no crocodiles in the pond.

Boy: *eyes wide open with expression of honesty* I saw one!! It went down to the water.

Me: It was probably a lizard. (*thinking of a bearded dragon*)

Boy: *not conceding* It was a little crocodile.

Me: *obliging while still being honest* There are no big crocodiles here.

Boy: No, no big crocodiles.



I stopped my walking to enlighten Hubby to the conversation and kept going. At the next round of the park Hubby stops to tell me of his encounter with a 4 year old:



Boy: *points to the ukulele* Why do you have that?

Hubby: Well I play the ukulele while my son plays on the swings.

Boy: Can I play it?

Hubby: *looks at father for permission* Yes, sure, but aren't your arms a bit full? (*noticing black Spiderman and Iceman*)

Boy: You can hold them.

*swap happens*

Boy: *strumming tunelessly* How is that?

Hubby: *honestly* "I've heard music just like that on the radio."

Boy's father: I have too.

Hubby: Can I have my uke back now please?

Boy: *matter of fact* No. *looks at father and then hands uke back*

I've just realised - Happy 1st year of blogging to me! And the 50th post!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home