SINKS MUMMY

Monday, February 2, 2009

From one extreme to the other

Just lately I've been reading blogs and talking on the phone to friends from the USA and Canada and EVERYONE is complaining about the huge amount of snow. I also read a news article today which informed me that Europe and the UK are also experiencing large snowstorms.

Meanwhile Australia seems to be suffering the exact opposite. Last week Melbourne had temps of around 44C and a friend emailed me from rural Adelaide to say they'd had 46C. In Melbourne the trains had to stop because the rails were buckling in the heat. Thankfully south-east Queensland has only had to endure the 30s with a lot of stickiness but we're hoping it doesn't head our way.

Today in an email we got some cute pictures of a little koala who was obviously feeling the heat in the south last week. Apparently it came onto someone's back porch to seek some relief. They filled a bucket with water and this is what happened:



Poor little tyke, I don't blame it for climbing in. It must have been hot as I don't think koalas normally go for a dip.

Since I've posted this it's become a news story.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home