SINKS MUMMY

Friday, April 24, 2009

10 Random things about me

I haven't been tagged but I got this idea from a friend's blog so here we go:

1. I was born at home as the town clock struck midnight on June 3. The midwife in attendance gave my parents the option of choosing whether my birthdate was June 3 or 4. My father decided on June 4 because he said it was the anniversary of D-day (during WWII). My father's history was a little amiss as D-day was June 6, 1944 not June 4 but I don't think the midwife knew any different so June 4 it was.

2. I was once an alien but I now have dual British and Australian citizenship.

3. I don't like the feel of polar fleece and velvet so I never buy anything made from it. Perhaps this idea is genetic. Lloyd hates the feel of a wooden ruler so only uses plastic ones and Matt refuses ever to touch hessian.

4. One of my favourite meals is a well done steak with pepper sauce and coffee creams are my favourite chocolate. I don't like mushrooms (except hidden in a casserole) and licorice.

5. I used to own and ride horses when I was a teenager. I have scars all down my right arm and back from when I had a nasty fall off a horse and went through a barbed wire fence.

6. I don't like creative writing but I really like doing problems in maths that involve simultaneous equations. I also love science.

7. I like reading about history but especially about the Russian Revolution. I've only read a few books about it but would really like the time to read more.

8. I need to find time to sit in the sun more.

9. I hide things like special scissors, tweezers and small screwdrivers from my family so that I know where to find them when I need them.

10. I'm not artistic but I like to make cards and have crocheted a bed blanket for each of my children though Mike's is to be finished this winter (DV).

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At April 25, 2009 at 1:09 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Well done, I feel like I know you better than ever...but simultaneous equations??? Maybe once upon a time, but not now!
    My favourite chocolates are strawberry and orange cremes - I can't decide between them. I've been thinking of other "10" lists I could write, any suggestions? Maybe food...

    Your friend from whom you got the idea!

     
  • At April 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just me checking whether an anonymous user can post a comment.

    Sinks Mummy

     
  • At April 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM , Blogger TobyBo said...

    What wonderful planning to start on such a list right at the moment of birth!

    And I have to tell you, I am smiling so big about the part that someone who doesn't like creative writing runs a fun blog like this. :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home