SINKS MUMMY

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Daily Grind

Today is the first day back at school after the Easter holidays and it felt like a bit of a grind. Some of that was because of the work Matt was doing and not enjoying. This morning I started reading the book of Daniel. I always think of Daniel when I think of the daily grind. The book is full of exciting things - being cast into a furnace and coming out alive, interpreting dreams and visions and being cast into a lion's den for a night. But then I remember that, although the book can be read in a fairly short space of time, the events of the book happened over quite a long period of time. Hubby worked out once that Daniel was young at the start of the events but was around 79 at the time of being cast into the lion's den. So what was Daniel doing inbetween all the excitement? I guess he was being faithful, day by day, in a foreign land. There would have been the daily grind there too. So we'll keep plugging away.

Yesterday Anika and Lloyd were at the doctor for their pre-winter flu immunisations. They weren't seeing their regular doctor, just one who happened to work at the same practice. This doctor discovered that we were homeschoolers and gave us the look. You know, the look that makes us wonder if we have two heads. After answering the usual questions (the practice was pretty empty yesterday) he then gave us one we get only occasionally. "You make the decision for them to homeschool when they are too young to make that decision. How will they feel about that when they are old enough to make up their mind about things." I suggested he ask Anika and Lloyd. Anika's response was, "I enjoyed being homeschooled. I really liked it." Lloyd's response was, "I know a lot of day school children who want to homeschool."

When people say "Shouldn't you let them choose to go to day school if they want?" I ask them, "Would you let your day school children choose to homeschool?" From Lloyd's response I guess a lot would find themselves with children asking to homeschool.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home