SINKS MUMMY

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Not really comprehending

I guess it's because Mike is still only 7. We're on winter break now and Mike is attending a kids' club (US = VBS) at a local church. They are using a pre-packaged deal and it involves Answers in Genesis material. Mike and I had the following conversation this afternoon after the morning's fun:

Mike: Mum, do we have a family tree?

Me: Of course we do.

Mike: What is it?

Me: Well, I'm your Mummy and Daddy is your Daddy and then...

Mike: No, I don't mean that. Do we have a family tree?

Thus followed more patient attempts to explain what a family tree is with no success. Sometime later:

Mike: Do we have a family tree?

Me (*exasperated*): We have a Jacaranda tree in our backyard. Is that what you are thinking of?

Mike: *Yes*

Me: I don't think that's what the kids' club means.

Mike (*sings*): There's no monkey in our family tree.

I wonder if we should remind him about the possum. I'm just wondering what the leaders would think tomorrow morning when Mike rolls up and tells them there's a possum in our family tree.

1 Comments:

  • At July 4, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    *laughing out loud*

    I love your stories. Thanks for sharing, Mrs. Q!

    This reminds me of the little boy on my brother's t-ball team many years ago who hit the ball and then started running in entirely the wrong direction as his coaches and the spectators yelled, "Run home! Run home!" When his parents managed to stop laughing, they informed the coaches that he was indeed trying to run home... to their house. :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home