SINKS MUMMY

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Phantom Pumpkin Leaver Mystery

On Friday afternoon I was backing out of my driveway to go to the shops. I noticed the mail sticking out of the letterbox and stopped to get it. As I opened the car door I was greeted by a terrible smell. *Note to self: There really is not much worse than the smell of a dead cane toad in your driveway...except two dead toads.*

Extinguished toads aside, as I was approaching the letterbox I noticed a small pumpkin at the foot of the gate. It is a very cute little pumpkin and now sits on my kitchen bench. My camera is on the blink or I would have posted a cute picture.

The problem is, I have no idea who left it there and why. My mother proclaims that it was not her so it is still a mystery.

I'm wondering if the dead toads have anything to do with it and whether midnight will reveal anything???

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Blogger TobyBo said...

    well, now. Has this mystery been solved?

    I am sorry to hear your camera is out of order.

    I have moved my blog over here. :)

    Come visit at: http://carpebanana.blogspot.com/

     
  • At March 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Hi - I just found your blog via Wendy's, and just happened to read this post. It's funny, because I just read an Alexander McCall Smith novel (one of his No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency ones) and exactly the same thing happened! What a coincidence, hey?!

    They should have left you chocolate instead (not to sound ungrateful, of course...)

     
  • At March 29, 2011 at 4:17 AM , Blogger Mrs Q said...

    Cath - hello and welcome! I just popped over to your blog earlier and noticed that we both have pumpkin posts. Nice to meet a kindred spirit with the chocolate love, although the pumpkin was very nice roasted for my daughter's birthday.

    Toby Bo - The mystery is still unsolved but a suspect neighbour may be involved. My suspicions await confirmation when I bump into her at the shops or on a walk. Thanks for the new addy too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home